Monday, November 26, 2012

Pebble

I speak of this Rock
I speak of Sanctity and Dignity
And I wait

Yet Pebbles
They roll to my feet
Pebbles that could snowball into the Rock

An auburn Pebble
Brownish red, dusky like the dusty Earth
Differentiates herself with a Shine so bright
Her peaceful nature calming my Soul
Her edges smoothed by the rough of Time

A black Pebble
Dullish dark, opaque like the Black Sea
Differentiates herself with a Mind so bright
Her fairy nature fluttering my Heart
Her angles balanced by the change of Place

I yearned to shove each Pebble deep in my pocket
Instead I juggle each Pebble on stiff Papyrus
They roll on a thick stack of paper hard discipline
I let slip each Pebble from half wanting hands

I harbor each Pebble as the Rock
I harbor Sanctity and Dignity
And I wait

No comments:

Post a Comment