Monday, November 5, 2012

Your Saggy Ass

I played it all night, cool and easy and light
Not because I naturally can
But because you speak truth
So of course I lied
To get close to you
And our words got so close

I spun on barstools, words and roles and tricks
Yes because I naturally do
But I did not move with truth
So of course you knew
To call me out
And I called you towards me

You kept my lies in mind
Not because you minded
But because you recognized truth
So of course you moved
To get close to me
And our words got too close

You showed your faults in the morning light
Not because you wanted to
But because you would not hide truth
So of course I did not move
To keep you close
And I moved only to follow at the crease of your faults

That morning I followed you

This night I follow you

Like truth follows lies

No comments:

Post a Comment