Friday, April 6, 2012

An Intolerable Intolerance

She orders a milkshake for two, 
My heart floats into a lazy pirouette
Not to stop mid-twirl
By a pair of Lactaid pills
Magically born from her delicate palms,
Now
Moving into aqueous contents of her eyes
To trace my twirls,
Setting off black ripples in an opaque lake. 

She places each pill between parted lips,
My heart draws sine waves with Calypso leaps
Choreographed by her inborn deficiency
Translate into feminine fragility
An intolerance I cannot tolerate
Without
Wrapping her under the skin of my warm palms
To drain into veins,
Immersing her in the red songs of a mighty river.

She meets my wonderment with big doll eyes,
My heart skips and cartwheels brokenly
Out of sync for my inborn deficiency
Translate into unexplainable fragility
An intolerance I cannot tolerate
But for
The hope of a pharmaceutical antidote
To invade the current,
Damming the unbridled flow of an imposing ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment