Friday, March 23, 2012

The Writer and The Intersection

ACT I

(The writer sees the beautiful girl
At the intersection,
So taken, 
He approaches her 
Oh to inquire.)

WRITER
Your beauty astounds me, will you not let me write you?

BEAUTIFUL GIRL
Write me? 

(The writer wrapped her head,
And 
Her heart)

WRITER 
Yes.
I will cherish every part of you like a thing so small and precious,
To lay foundations of love, 
To slap cements of affection,
I will not exist 
But 
For your skin, your hair, your eyes.
Then after we have made sweet sweet love, I will lay next to you,
Caressing you in my arms, 
Whilst my heart writes love notes to you
With the ink of my blood.

(The girl
So taken,
Oh to even exhale)

BEAUTIFUL GIRL
Yes.

(He took her by the hand, 
Started to lead her away, 
But for her,
Pausing them in their tracks.)

BEAUTIFUL GIRL
But will you love me?

WRITER
I shall write you. 
I will heap more love onto you than a single being can accept.

(Her beautiful face scrunching
Slight 
Yet angelic 
Hopeful frustration.)

BEAUTIFUL GIRL
So you will love me?

WRITER
I will write you.
Notes, poems, novels, plays.

(She loosened her fingers from his, 
Her hurt eyes turned away from his,
Not to return.)



ACT II

(The writer stood at the intersection,
Waiting to write.)


1 comment:

  1. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64291085/IMG_0269.JPG

    a quick sketch for you

    ReplyDelete